Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 2013 Roundup

I've decided to do a monthly Roundup feature on the last day of every month. In it, I'll compile links to other name sites that profiled geeky names during the month. I've done these posts before, but I feel it would be better to do them on a more regular basis. So, here are the Geeky names I've found across the web during the month of February!

Bewitching Names profiled Romulus. While she focused on it's historical origins, it's best known to geeks as the home planet of the Romulan race in Star Trek. Romulus was also a super villain in the Marvel universe, and a main belt asteroid is also named 10386 Romulus.

Naming the Fishes listed the names found in the video game Dragon Age 2.

Mer de Noms suggested Benzene as a unique way to get to 'Ben'. It also has that trendy 'z' sound. The more I think about it, the more I like it!

Name Freak profiled Colm, the name of the actor who played Miles O'Brien in Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Colm is also the name of a character in the video game Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

I recently discovered Nameholics Anonymous's series of posts on Harry Potter Names. She's going alphabetically, and I didn't find it until recently, so I was a few letters behind! Her most recent post is 'F is For Filius'. Previous posts include A is for Alastor, B is for Bathilda, C is for Cedric, D is for Draco, and E is for. I think she forgot to add a name to the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment